Please be advised that the British Columbia Chapter of ICAI does not have any authority to issue a good standing certificate. This can only be issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
The appropriate Committee of the Council of ICAI has framed guidelines for issue of certificate of good standing to the members who would like to pursue further education abroad.
The same are as under:
- The member is required to submit a request for issue of certificate of good standing, stating the purpose for which certificate of good standing is required and submit the communication of the concerned body/institution requiring the same. However, request of member for issue of certificate of good standing will also be considered if the requirement of body/institution specified on website, in application form or prospectus is produced. The request could be either a signed written request or an e-mail in the personal e-mail id of the member.
- The certificate of good standing will be issued to concerned body/institution in respect of any member if the request is directly received by the Institute from the concerned body/institution.
- The name of the member is active in the records of the Institute.
- The member has paid annual membership/certificate of practice fees (if holds certificate of practice) for the current year within specified time.
- The member has completed the mandated Continuing Professional Education hours
- The members desirous of obtaining the certificate of good standing should ensure that they comply with the above requirements and send their request at the following address:
Joint Secretary (M&SS)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Post Box No. 7100, I P Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
Telefax : 011-30110588